Hello and happy Monday!
This blog will be the first of many Market Updates coming to you from me, CJ Stewart with the Key2see Team! My focus will be on the ever-changing real estate market in Pierce County. You can rely on this blog to show you our market's statistics and devoloping economical and housing information as it pertains to buying or selling a home in our wonderful area.
- The average sales price has increased slightly from December into January as is the case every year, however a large percentage of the increase (4.4%) is partly due to the roughly 1.4% appreciation per month we have seen over the course of 2020.
- We had a record breaking sale for the Key Peninsula in December at a massive sales price of $6,130,000! This Estate is 500 feet of waterfront on 33 private acres with horse amenities and large luxury home.
- The average days on market is down 9 days from December, to 21 days. Looks like buyers are back in the field after the holidays! We see this stat drop every year from December to January.
Lakewood Washington will soon be the new home of three huge economical players, undoubtedly boosting both the economy and property values:
- Aero Precision just opened a 280,000 square foot warehouse in Lakewood and is now officially the largest employer in the city.
- Initially reported by the Puget Sound Business Journal, Denver-based Black Creek Group announced on Monday that it has pre-leased two of it's buildings at the Lakewood Logistics Center II campus in Washington state, and two of the biggest tech companies in the world are moving in: Amazon and Tesla.
If you are an investor and looking for income properties or a flip, or if you are looking to purchase somehwere with a great chance of short and long term appreciation, Lakewood needs to be high on your list!